Friday, October 2, 2009

The past few days have been testing.

Let's start with a quick tip I just made up to help remember GCS (Motor). Eyes are easy. Spontaneous, Verbal, Pain, None. Motor seems to always stump me. Here's the tip:
"Spontaneous", "Pain In" (Localizes), "Pain out" (Withdraws), "Core in" (Decorticate), "Core out" (Decerebrate), "None" (None)

More tips to come later as I figgure them out!

It's been a rough week. I'm guilty of not updating, and writing down some of the things I wanted to blog about.

Good things? I got 97% on a test, was able to fire off some information that the teacher wasn't expecting to know. Bad things? Messed up a scenario pretty hardcore, Internet's cut off for a week, and didn't get the chance to run a scenario in yesterday's class.

Also, our "classroom ambulance" platform got approved. I will post photos as that project evolves.

Wednesday we got the opportunity to listen to 4 case studies presented by the graduating class. If you ever get the chance to sit in on case presentations, DO IT. If you're a class and the teacher is willing to let you do a project like this, do it. Learning about all of the lab values, etc... is a great way of stretching your Pathophysiology knowledge.

Short post for now, more will come later as I work out some topics to write about. Anything you'd like to see me write about? Feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment